How to Find the Best Insurance Agent in San Antonio
When pricing car insurance in San Antonio, there are a lot of options and selecting the best San Antonio insurance agent for your needs is not as easy as just driving to the closest agency. Chances are you not only want a competent insurance agent, you also want to find affordable coverage.
With companies like American Family, Allstate, State Farm and Farmers all competing for your business, it can be hard to know which provider will provide the cheapest rates and the best coverage. To begin, consumers can get online price quotes to build a list of agents and thier coverage prices.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you peace of mind. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important espcially in San Antonio.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in San Antonio who will battle for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Is a captive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. San Antonio agents can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
- Pat O’Quinn Agency – 6222 Dezavala Rd – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 558-3478
- Joe Lujan Insurance – 1416 Goliad Rd – San Antonio, TX 78223 – (210) 534-6125
- Storrs and Assoc Insurance – 1100 NW Loop 410 – San Antonio, TX 78213 – (210) 824-0460
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are San Antonio captive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1610 Bandera Rd – San Antonio, TX 78228 – (210) 432-8383
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2391 NE Loop 410 – San Antonio, TX 78217 – (210) 656-2200
- State Farm Insurance – 4320 S Gevers St # 100 – San Antonio, TX 78223 – (210) 533-0427
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 13750 N Us Highway 281 – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 490-4473
- Farmers Insurance Group – 214 Birchwood Bay – San Antonio, TX 78253 – (210) 558-4341
To view a full list of San Antonio captive agencies, visit this link.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in your state?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which insurance company do they recommend?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Once you have reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cheaper car insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Independent agents work with many smaller companies who may not provide online price quotes.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still getting proper protection
Additional links for car insurance information
More information is available on the Texas Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, view agent and company licensing information, and read consumer alerts.