Find Local Insurance Agents
Having a local insurance agent means having someone to turn to when you have a question or claim. Often you get to know your insurance agent on a personal level and this can result in better insurance coverage because the agent is familiar with your personal situation.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can place your coverage with any number of companies because they are essentially an independent contractor. Often times independent agents can find you lower insurance rates because they not only have more companies to quote your coverage with, but they also may work with lesser known companies that may have the lowest rates.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents such as State Farm and Farm Bureau agents only write for one company but often they can save you money on your insurance by packaging your insurance coverage together for substantial savings.
Our Listings Help You Find Insurance Agents Easily
By entering your zip code in the box above, you will see all the insurance agents that are near you. If you do not find any agents using your zip code, try searching by state and then narrow your search to your town or city. Our insurance agent database contains many licensed agents and is constantly growing.
How to Find a Reliable Insurance Agent in Your Area
- Talk to friends and family to get a referral
- Call the insurance agent's office and request to speak to the agent. It's a good sign if the agent is available to speak directly to prospective clients.
- Ask the agent what companies he/she writes with and describe your situation to see if they have a good fit for your coverage
- Ask your agent if you will work directly with them or with a customer service representative instead.
- Ask your agent who handles insurance claims and find out if there is a local claim center.
- Find out if your agent holds advanced training designations such as CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CIC or others. These are great indicators that your agent has the experience needed to address your insurance concerns.
From Our Insurance Blog
Find a Local Insurance Agent
Our database of insurance agents allows you to find a local agent quickly. Over 200,000 agents to choose from!
Get a DirectQuote Online
Enter your zip code and select an insurance type below to view a list of companies offering affordable insurance in your area.
Every U.S. state has a government division that provides consumer information. To visit your state's website, choose your state below.