Choose your state
How to Find a Reliable Insurance Agent in Your Area
- Talk to friends and family to get a referral
- Call the insurance agent's office and request to speak to the agent. It's a good sign if the agent is available to speak directly to prospective clients.
- Ask the agent what companies he/she writes with and describe your situation to see if they have a good fit for your coverage
- Ask your agent if you will work directly with them or with a customer service representative instead.
- Ask your agent who handles insurance claims and find out if there is a local claim center.
- Find out if your agent holds advanced training designations such as CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CIC or others. These are great indicators that your agent has the experience needed to address your insurance concerns.
From Our Insurance Blog
Find a Local Insurance Agent
Our database of insurance agents allows you to find a local agent quickly. Over 200,000 agents to choose from!
Get a DirectQuote Online
Enter your zip code and select an insurance type below to view a list of companies offering affordable insurance in your area.
Every U.S. state has a government division that provides consumer information. To visit your state's website, choose your state below.