Lowest Prices from Houston Car Insurance Agents
When shopping for car insurance, there are a lot of options and finding the best Houston auto insurance agent is not as easy as just driving to the closest agency. You need a competent licensed agent but also the best possible rates.
Having so many options, it can be hard to choose the most affordable car insurance company in Texas.
Buying car insurance locally
Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete for your business. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy!
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in your state?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How are claims handled?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents can either be captive or independent. While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of captive agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 2640 Fountain View Dr – Houston, TX 77057 – (713) 789-4607
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 10998 North Fwy – Houston, TX 77037 – (281) 447-0499
- Farmers Insurance Group – 10575 Katy Fwy – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 973-6511
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 13201 Northwest Fwy # 400 – Houston, TX 77040 – (713) 460-4650
- American Family Insurance – 10603 Grant Rd # 210 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 955-7332
- State Farm Insurance – 11200 Westheimer Rd # 805 – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 784-3100
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you include multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- A Sam’s Insurance – 9515 Bellaire Blvd # A – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 777-9111
- Amstar Insurance – 5621 Southwest Fwy – Houston, TX 77057 – (713) 838-2626
- Barhorst Agency – 8220 Jones Rd # 100 – Houston, TX 77065 – (713) 856-5533
- Branham Agency Insurance Svc – 1300 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 782-9191
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Houston, please view this page.
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require special attention.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent.
And the best car insurance company is…
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.