Lower Rates from Jacksonville Car Insurance Agencies
When searching for a good insurance agent in Jacksonville, it’s recommended you do an initial search online rather than looking in the yellowpages. Chances are good you’re not only searching for a decent agent, but you also want great rates as well.
With companies like Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and many independent agents having local Jacksonville offices, consumers have a hard time knowing which will give you the best service and rates. Thankfully, it’s easy to use online quotes to build a list of insurance agencies to choose from.
Car Insurance through a local Jacksonville agent
Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local businesses is important particularly in Jacksonville.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email.
Captive and independent Jacksonville auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they insure your property. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville are either independent or captive. While both can write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but rather can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jacksonville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- A Abacus Mr Auto Insurance – 7279 103rd St – Jacksonville, FL 32210 – (904) 573-0693
- Bell Agency – 5242 Normandy Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32205 – (904) 783-4376
- David A Andrews Agency – 225 Water St # 1235 – Jacksonville, FL 32202 – (904) 353-5611
- Johnny Cowart Agency – 6620 Southpoint Dr S # 210 – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 332-0872
Captive insurance agents work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Jacksonville captive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1700 San Pablo Rd S – Jacksonville, FL 32224 – (904) 221-1594
- Liberty Mutual – 1301 Riverplace Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32207 – (904) 306-0791
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 2375 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S – Jacksonville, FL 32246 – (904) 992-8131
- Allstate Insurance – 4209 University Blvd S – Jacksonville, FL 32216 – (904) 731-5300
- State Farm Insurance – 6625 Argyle Forest Blvd – Jacksonville, FL 32244 – (904) 777-1700
For a complete listing of captive insurance agents in Jacksonville, please click here.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How are claims handled?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in your state?
- Who are their largest clients?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind you can always terminate your policy at any time so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for any length of time.
Compare but don’t skimp
Affordable car insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Jacksonville, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best prices to choose from. Independent insurance agents work with many regional insurance providers that don’t always offer you the ability to get quotes online.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.