Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes From Portland Insurance Agents
When buying car insurance in Portland, you have many choices and finding the best Portland insurance agency takes more work than just randomly choosing from the yellow pages. We’re assuming that not only do you want a decent agent, but you also want the best rates possible.
With companies like Farmers, Allstate, and independent agents having offices in Portland, it’s hard to tell which will give you the best rates, service and coverage. Fortunately, you can use online quotes in order to build a list of agencies to choose from.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required Oregon minimum liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent.
Comparing prices from Portland agents
Licensed agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local businesses is important particularly in Portland.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Two types of car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they insure your property. Agents are either independent or captive. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you should always include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Portland that are able to give price quotes.
- ABC Agency Inc – 15405 SW 116th Ave – Portland, OR 97224 – (503) 597-5009
- James Weaver Agency – 11529 SW Pacific Hwy # A – Portland, OR 97223 – (503) 245-9409
- RIS Insurance – 10570 SE Washington St # 206 – Portland, OR 97216 – (503) 258-0227
- Paul M Rising Agency Inc – 8405 SW Barbur Blvd – Portland, OR 97219 – (503) 246-5491
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from captive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Portland captive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – - Portland, OR 97236 – (503) 761-0880
- Allstate Insurance – 15325 NW Central Dr # J8 – Portland, OR 97229 – (503) 466-0852
- Farmers Insurance Group – 12790 SE Stark St # 118 – Portland, OR 97233 – (503) 255-6553
- American Family Insurance – 5616 SE Powell Blvd # C – Portland, OR 97206 – (503) 777-8528
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Portland, view this link.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How are they compensated?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Additional consumer information websites
Much more information about car insurance in Oregon can be found on the Oregon Insurance Division website located here. Consumers can find disaster information, get help finding coverage, and discover disciplinary actions.
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Affordable car insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Portland insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Independent insurance agents work with many regional insurance providers that may not offer you the ability to get quotes online.