Find Better Rates from Los Angeles Auto Insurance Agencies
If you’re looking to buy auto insurance, you have many choices and choosing the right Los Angeles car insurance agent is harder than just randomly choosing from the yellow pages. Consumers require a friendly agent and also decent rates too.
You have multiple insurance agencies to buy insurance from and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to get the best deal.
Buying auto insurance from a local Los Angeles agent
Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they insure your property. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are captive agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 850 S Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90035 – (310) 360-9993
- Liberty Mutual – 4902 W Slauson Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90056 – (323) 292-6218
- Allstate Insurance – 3432 W 43rd St – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 292-3566
- Farmers Insurance Group – 12216 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 820-1997
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection.They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Lee Keller Agency – 850 Colorado Blvd # 101 – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 255-5330
- A W Insurance Svc – 1176 W Sunset Blvd # B – Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 975-1313
- Neuman Agency – 11845 W Olympic Blvd # 665 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 477-6840
- JBJ Agency – 4423 Circle View Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90043 – (323) 293-5751
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Los Angeles, simply jump to this page.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
More quotes mean more savings
Cheap auto insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to most Los Angeles insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best prices to choose from. Local independent agents are able to place your coverage with regional insurance providers who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
More resources for learning
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. California drivers can download brochures, find out which companies have the most complaints, view agent and company licensing information, and read industry bulletins.